Official Charity Partnership
Can:Do 4Kids, Townsend House was formed in 1874 by William Townsend as school and accommodation for deaf and blind children. Ever since, they’ve provided support and assistance to children and young adults who are blind, deaf, have low vision, are hard of hearing or have sensory needs - and their families.
As South Australia’s only children’s specialists in both vision and hearing Can:Do 4Kids offers services to children and young adults including: Speech Pathology, Early Intervention, Occupational Therapy, Family Support, Assistive Technology, Youth Programs, Recreation, Auditory Processing Disorder intervention, Auditory Verbal Therapy, Mentor Programs and Psychology.
It is estimated that up to 10,000 South Australian kids face every day with a vision or hearing impairment. Your support enables Can:Do 4Kids to work alongside children and families from diagnosis through to adulthood, ensuring kids with serious sensory conditions have the best chance at a bright and independent future.
Can:Do 4Kids is part of the Can:Do Group which encompasses South Australia’s two oldest charitable service providers, Can:Do 4Kids, Townsend House and Deaf Can:Do, The Royal South Australian Deaf Society.
In 2019, fans can make a $2, $5 or $10 donation to Can:Do 4Kids at the point-of-purchase for their Superloop Adelaide 500 ticket. Check out our ticketing options here.
Could this be you in 2020?
Applications for Expression of Interest (EOI) are now open for charities wishing to be appointed as the 2020 Superloop Adelaide 500 Official Charity.
If you are thinking about applying to be the Official Charity for the 2020 event please consider the following:
- Does you charity have experience in events?
- Do you have a volunteer base large enough to effectively service the Superloop Adelaide 500, which in 2018 saw 273,500 people attend over four days?
- Do you have the ability to promote your association with the event through various channels?
- What could your charity bring to the Superloop Adelaide 500 that will enhance the event?
How to apply
We invite you to send us a 2 page expression of interest addressed to: Lucy Davis, Marketing Coordinator, GPO Box 1972, Adelaide, SA 5001.
Please address the following criteria in your expression of interest:
- Overview of your charity including key purpose, objectives, goals.
- Size of your volunteer base
- Brief summary of proposed activities or initiatives you would like to undertake at the event if your charity is successful
- Overview of marketing channels you have at your disposal to promote the association between your charity and the Superloop Adelaide 500.
- Organisational chart outlining who will manage and assist with the operations of running Official Charity projects at the event
- Examples of other business / event partnerships similar to the Superloop Adelaide 500 opportunity
- Highlight if you have been the Superloop Adelaide 500 Official Charity previously and if so which event year
- Please enclose a copy of your latest Annual Report or newsletter
Expressions of interest close Friday 21 December 2018.
Shortlisted charities will be contacted in early 2019 and will be appointed prior to the 2019 event.
If you require any further information please contact Lucy Davis, Marketing Coordinator on: Phone: 08 8212 8500 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org